An interdiff is a diff between diffs. Imagine that you've worked on a large change touching 20 files, and someone reviews it. You make the changes and upload a new diff. Instead of reviewers having to look at the full new diff, they can look at an interdiff, which will only show what changed since the last diff. This makes life much easier for reviewers, as they can focus on how you changed things and comment directly on those changes.
Now, the interfilediff field in the JSON result for a comment specifies the file ID in that interdiff. If you were to comment on an interdiff between a revision 4 diff and a revision 5 diff, then the 'filediff' field would be the ID of the file in the revision 4 diff, while the 'interfilediff' would be the ID of the file in the revision 5 diff. If it's null, it just means that this wasn't a comment on an interdiff. Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Hovanes Manucharyan <[email protected]>wrote: > What is interfilediff? > > This is part of the "Comments" JSON string returned by the API. (seems to > be <null> in most cases) > > I'd like to understand what it is to see what I need to do with it when I > parse the response from the API. Additionally, I have heard the term > mentioned a few times in the past, so I'm curious. > > Thanks, > > H.M. > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<reviewboard%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
