An interdiff is a diff between diffs.

Imagine that you've worked on a large change touching 20 files, and someone
reviews it. You make the changes and upload a new diff. Instead of reviewers
having to look at the  full new diff, they can look at an interdiff, which
will only show what changed since the last diff. This makes life much easier
for reviewers, as they can focus on how you changed things and comment
directly on those changes.

Now, the interfilediff field in the JSON result for a comment specifies the
file ID in that interdiff. If you were to comment on an interdiff between a
revision 4 diff and a revision 5 diff, then the 'filediff' field would be
the ID of the file in the revision 4 diff, while the 'interfilediff' would
be the ID of the file in the revision 5 diff. If it's null, it just means
that this wasn't a comment on an interdiff.