Hello,

Does anybody know the current state of getting Review Board to work
with Apache authentication?  I'm running Review Board 1.0.5.1 with
Django 1.1.1 on Apache 2.2.

I found this post from a while back:
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard/browse_thread/thread/59a387bdeac2cbb9/7c8da6b5a8e7817c?lnk=gst&q=apache+authentication#7c8da6b5a8e7817c

It makes it sound as though Apache authentication should be supported
in Review Board/Django by now, but I can't find mention of it
anywhere.

I tried setting a "Custom" Authentication Method to
"django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware,
django.contrib.auth.middleware.RemoteUserMiddleware,
django.contrib.auth.backends.RemoteUserBackend" (found here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/howto/auth-remote-user/).
Hitting "Save" seemed to save the settings fine, and when I pull up
the login page I'm met with "Log in with your standard username and
password (There's no need to register a new account. Your standard
username and password should work fine.)".  The problem is that I
can't actually login-- my Apache username and password do not work.
In addition, I can't log in under my existing Review Board admin
account (created on install, not related to Apache).

Do I also have to somehow create my Apache account in Review Board
before switching to the Custom Authentication Method?

Any help is appreciated :)