Shame on me. Too late at night, not thinking straight.

post-review needs to be run from an active source tree, if you're running it
straight like that. You'll probably want to look in the contrib/tools/
directory at the various SVN hooks already provided. As you'll see, there's
a bit more that you'll need to do than just run post-review. Specifically,
see svn-hook-postcommit-review.