I think we'd get killed if we made it as small as 80 chars ;)

I don't know off-hand what we're going to set it to. We're thinking about
it, and suggestions are welcome. Here's where it gets tricky... We're
running up to maximum field lengths for the change info, and that's a
combination of multiple fields, including Description and Testing Done. So
we need to make sure that we can stuff the max of both those fields, plus
other change info (screenshots added, new diffs, etc.).

The two possible solutions are to either 1) Make both Description and
Testing Done have a max of just under half the maximum field size for the
database with the smallest field restriction, or 2) Cut off the text before
putting it in the change description.

Maybe a combination of those things, in case you have both Description and
Testing Done at max and have added a bunch of screenshots and changed other
fields.