On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> A standard diff -u doesn't contain the revision information needed, and a
> git diff by default uses short SHA1s, which we can't use to fetch the files.
> You will need to use either post-review (recommended) or git diff
> --full-index.

OK, that worked.

> post-review with Subversion should support renames and posting diffs of
> existing commits.
> What versions of Review Board and of post-review are you using?

I tried what I got from easy_install -U RBTools, when that wouldn't
work, I tried git HEAD.

My ReviewBoard install reports weird because I thought I
installed the alpha because I need SVN https support, and I have
successfully used SVN https repositories.

> Can you show me exactly what happens with post-review in the two cases
> (renames and existing commits)? You can run post-review with --debug for
> more information, which would help to diagnose an issue.

C:\workspace\xpay-core>post-review --debug --revision-range 4665:4666
>>> svn info
>>> repository info: Path: https://dtvsource/svn/xpay, Base path:
>>> /trunk/xpay-core-1.2, Supports changesets: False
>>> svn propget reviewboard:url C:\workspace\xpay-core
>>> svn diff --diff-cmd=diff -r 4665:4666
>>> svn info src/dev/testapp/emulator/nio/TaskResolver.java
Failed to execute command: ['svn', 'info',
["svn: 'src\\dev\\testapp\\emulator\\nio\\TaskResolver.java' is not
under version control\n"]

TaskResolver.java was renamed to EmulatorResolver.java in the named commit.

By the way, I was initially confused because I didn't realize that you
could use post-review to do pre-commit review, might I suggest
renaming the tool to something like "rb-submit"?

I tried submitting the output of svn diff, but I was sure that wasn't
going to work, since there isn't enough information in the diff for
anyone to apply it when a rename is involved!