Hi,

The way Review Board works is that it takes these diffs and fetches the full
content from the server, generating new diffs with additional metadata and
context. Because of this process, it can't just accept plain diffs to
display. Maybe in the future that will change, but I think it would lead to
confusion, as people would upload basic diffs without any sort of
information on revisions or the repository and reviewers would get a whole
different UI experience.