The idea is that a diff only contains the lines that have changed. RB
contacts cvs and checks out the file(s) that are changed, and then applies
the diff to thos files. This allows you to see the file before and after the
proposed changed.

All of this is independent of the actual commit to CVS. You can use any
account which is able to access CVS and checkout the necessary files, the
account doesn't have to have write permissions to CVS.

Scott