Hi,

post-review is meant to be run from within a CVS checkout (in your case).
So, if you have a checkout in a directory, you should be able to run
post-review and have it generate a diff properly.

post-review will simply call out to 'cvs diff', meaning that for
authentication to work, you'll first need to 'cvs login' on that client.
This should only need to be done once on that computer.