After some trial and error, I've been able to determine this error is
due to file write permission in the directory I had my local repo.

Error - linking RB to a git repo located in /home/<user>/<git repo>.
Success - linking RB to a git repo located in /var/<sub directory>/
<git repo>.

Hope this helps someone else out.

This is a really nice tool.  I must commend everyone who's worked on
this.