Review Board is in Python, and doesn't actually need to be compiled.
However, to do any real development (with the expectation of contributing
back to the project) you'll need to have a copy of the source tree and
develop from there. There's some instructions at:

http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/codebase/dev/getting-started/