Hi,

I downloaded and built PIL. The build summary shows this:

PIL 1.1.6 BUILD SUMMARY
version       1.1.6
platform      linux2 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:56:41)
              [GCC 4.3.3]
*** TKINTER support not available
--- JPEG support ok
--- ZLIB (PNG/ZIP) support ok
*** FREETYPE2 support not available

So it looks like PNG and JPEG are installed correctly.

Is there any way to simulate the screenshot loading from the command line to
see why PIL doesn't like the images its getting?

Thanks,
David