just to follow up.

was sleepy. I created directory by hand, and that's what gave the
error. rb-site creates directory on it's own.

still couldn't get it to run on iis. I tried several approaches, main
one looks like:

almost positive it's possible to get it to run on iis 7, but can't
quite figure out how. any help would be appreciated.