if it'll help anyone, I went Apache route in the end.

Python doesn't seem to support FastCGI under IIS. just CGI with Python
works, but when trying to launch ReviewBoard using CGI (look for
django cgi scripts on the web), I either got browser error, Python
error or page would begin to load, but turn into garbage.

Either way, it's just too damn hard. Unless something changes, I'd
recommend not wasting time, but using Apache (or lighttpd, but it's
not as well supported under windows).