I am also thinking it might be a good idea to add a repository
independent base functionality to the post-review script where it is
handed the root directory of two source trees, before and after the
change and it will then just compare the files and post a review.

This way anyone with any source repository can just create the before
and after soure trees outside RB and pass the roots of the source
trees to the post-review script for posting.