This is where the repository information you provide in the administration
UI comes into play. Review Board downloads each file from the diff from the
repository. It then makes a copy of the file, applies the patch, and
generates its own diff (which contains information beyond what a standard
diff can provide). The result of that is what gets sent to the user's
browser. That code all lives in reviewboard/scmtools/* and
reviewboard/diffviewer/*.