Tino Breddin wrote:
I'm interested in notifying external system about new review requests
where email isn't a good option. I've read in the roadmap that generic
hooks are planed for version 2.0, but is there anything similar in
place now which could be used for this purpose?

This suggestion is likely to make you cry....

   you could implement an smtplib module that appears to have the same
   API as the one that ships with Python and put that in the
   reviewboard/django path first. You could then do "other stuff".
   Essentially monkey patching a module by injecting a SMTP class that
   doesn't do smtp but offers the same API, you would probably only
   need to implement sendmail() and pass for all the other methods.

Then you could post to IRC, Jabber, etc.