If you look into the scmtools directory you will see cvs.py

All that occurs for diff viewing is the following.

>From the diff, a list of files and revisions are extracted.
Based on that list, a series of cvs checkouts are done look for cvs co -r
<revision> <filename> in the file.

It then uses the patch utility to generate the 'after' file with the change.
The 2 files are then given to the viewer which displays the files.
So a key question for you then is does your cvs server actually enforce
authentication? If it does not, then anyone can view the entire repository.

The easy way to test this is to do a cvs logout then attempt to access the
repository. If it doesn't force you to login then there is no authentication
on your cvs server.

Scott