Hi Stodge,

runserver is meant for development, and the development server doesn't by
default support any static media, such as CSS or images. Normally, it's best
for a real web server to handle this, as it'll be faster at it.

To enable this, you'll need to modify your site's conf/settings_local.py and
set DEBUG = True. That will enable the code paths for serving static media
for development use.