Hi Stephen,

Review Board can use custom Django auth backends by specifying the full
module path in the Custom Authentication section in General Settings in the
administration UI. Review Board will use that auth backend as the primary
and fall back on the built-in authentication for existing accounts (so that
your administration account will still work if your auth backend is broken).
You shouldn't need to modify any code to make this work.

See
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/admin-ui/authentication-settings/#custom-authentication-settings

Note that in 1.0.x, these are in General Settings, but in the upcoming 1.5
release, they're in their own settings page.