That sounds quite ungood. Maybe try temporarily modifying your FasBackend to
return None in get_or_create_user and in get_user. This *should* default it
back to the built-in auth, I believe. I haven't tried it, though.

How is your get_or_create_user and get_user handling not finding users in
its backend? Maybe it's not allowing the default handler to be used. Is the
code available to look at somewhere?