I installed the SVN post-commit from review board's contrib directory.
I'm running into a problem that doesn't make sense. When the hook runs
I get an error;

[Errno 13] Permission denied: '.post-review-cookies.txt'#012

So initially it does make sense - it's trying to create the cookie
file in my home directory. Except, subversion hooks have a minimal
environment and the home directory variable isn't configured. Makes
sense so far.

What doesn't make sense is that this post-commit hook is written with
the assumption that the environment is correctly configured, which
contradicts the svn hook documentation. From my understanding, this
script can never work as an SVN hook.

Am I making sense?