I wonder if post-review could be modified:

class ReviewBoardHTTPPasswordMgr(urllib2.HTTPPasswordMgr):
    Adds HTTP authentication support for URLs.

    Python 2.4's password manager has a bug in http authentication
when the
    target server uses a non-standard port.  This works around that
bug on
    Python 2.4 installs. This also allows post-review to prompt for
    in a consistent way.

    See: http://bugs.python.org/issue974757
    def __init__(self, reviewboard_url):
        self.passwd  = {}