hi,
sorry i should have mentioned this in the first post. When i fist did
it, it presented me the certificate information. (it asked me whether
i trust that host as usual ssh and i said yes.) The hang happens after
words!
i checked out the source and saw that it tries to cat CVSROOT/modules.
What exactly does it try to do there? Our cvs root has around 1000
modules. Could that be a reason. (anyway i waited around 12 hours for
a response, but it did not succeed).

thanks
CMOS