It's not the complexity so much.

LDAP, AD, and S3 are things masked by auth and storage backends in Django.
We can get those cheaply and there's no user-facing UI for any of it.
Furthermore, those are needed for core operations of Review Board.

Features like advanced bug tracker integration or
buildbot/tinderbox/whatever integration is more complex and the featuresets
and needs can vary widely between setups. It's also not part of the core
functionality of Review Board.

What we'd like to do is keep the Review Board core product built around the
ability to review code. Extra functionality like integration with buildbot,
tinderbox, bugzilla, trac, or whatever is great, and I'd like to see it, but
it shouldn't be part of the core codebase. That will just make it far harder
to keep things from becoming too large or unstable and make it more
difficult to test an out-of-the-box install.

I consider our extensions work to be very important for the product, as it
will open a lot of doors in terms of what people can do with Review Board.
Much work has been done on this so far, and it will be going into the 2.0
release. At that point, I want to heavily promote extensions that integrate
into these other services.