Right, we have our own pretty specific diff viewer. It's very much a
side-by-side viewer right now and it would take a lot of work to change
that. It's not a priority given other work and not likely to happen in the
near future. Especially not before 2.0.

In theory, after 2.0 someone could write a replacement diff viewer that does
a more WinDiff-style view. It'll be a while before 2.0 is out, though.