Hi Noah,

Sorry for the late reply. I only have 2.5 on that machine I never
installed python before. I solved the problem! I installed OpenLDAP
2.4.10 then added its bin directory to my path. Which got import ldap
to work but still gave me the same error, so I commented out the
triggering of the error and it worked. In checks.py in the following
lines:

def get_can_enable_ldap():
    """
    Checks whether LDAP authentication can be enabled.
    """
    try:
        imp.find_module("ldap")
        return (True, None)
    except ImportError:
        return (False, _(
            'LDAP authentication requires the python-ldap library,
which '
            'is not installed.'
        ))

I just commented out return false and wrote return true and it worked!
I tried with a bogus login and it didn't work which tells me it's not
letting just anyone pass. Thanks for the quick response Noah.

Thank you,
Wasim