The base directory is the path of the current directory as would be seen
from the SVN server.  So, the path relative to the root of the SVN server of
the directory you generate the diff in,

An example would help...

So, say your repository is configured to be http://svn.example.com/ (note
that the Path or Mirror Path in a Repository entry should always be to the
very top of the SVN repository, not a subdirectory within).

Then say that your current directory is at $HOME/src/myrepo/myproject, which
maps to http://svn.example.com/trunk/myproject.

Your base directory would be /trunk/myproject.

Does that make sense?

Really, you should use post-review (part of RBTools), which does all this
for you and makes things much, much easier.

Also, there are some current compatibility issues with TortoiseSVN's diff.
Their diff is not the same as a standard SVN diff, in some subtle ways.

SVN and TortoiseSVN diffs also don't always contain enough information to
handle things like renames properly. If you use post-review, it will work
around this.