Hi,

So I'm not 100% sure I understood correctly, but I assume this is related to
the bug you just filed.

--revision-range is not supported on Perforce, but equivalent functionality
does exist. You can use the Perforce path syntax containing revision ranges,
as shown here:

http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/#posting-paths

With this syntax, you wouldn't specify a change number, which is probably
ideal here. Review Board has a one-to-one mapping of review requests and
change numbers. You can't use the same change number on multiple review
requests, and one review request can't represent multiple change numbers.

So what you'd do is use the path syntax along with -r to update an existing
review request. The newly created diff will be shown as a new diff revision
in the diff viewer. This is fine so long as it actually is a new iteration
on the work already done for that review request.

The rest is where you lost me. I don't quite get what you're trying to do
with -r. The fact that you're concerned about files differing in the
changelists makes me wonder. Are you looking to just basically reuse the
same review request for multiple, different changes? If so, that's probably
not what you're going to want to do. However, if it is just, say, a new
commit to a branch for a specific feature, then that's probably okay. It
should handle it, and I wouldn't expect deletes unless there actually was a
delete within that range.