We have an RB instance with a Perforce back-end. We see some log
entries that suggest VERY long response times for diffs. Now, to be
fair, these are very rare, but they seem to be centered on reviews
that are tied to many-thousand-line diffs. On the Perforce server
logs, we don't see these long times anywere. In fact, every request
from RB is serviced in a few seconds at most. Meanwhile I've seen 20
minute response times on some requests such as this one:

10.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [29/Mar/2010:09:25:16 -0700] "GET /r/138017/diff/
HTTP/1.0" 200 391661

So, what I'm wondering is:

* Is there a good way to track this sort of thing down?
* If the revision control system isn't seeing this, what's a likely
* When does RB talk to the revision control system?

I did visit these reviews myself, and the first time, it did hang on
reproduce that since. The two files it hung on were both quite large
and (I have no idea if this is relevant) contained a leading BOM
marker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark); would that
cause any problems?