Thanks for the response, I'll take a look at pygment and try out your fix
Dan.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com>wrote:

> We used to use get_lexer and saw some serious performance problems with it,
> which is why we switched to get_lexer_for_filename.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
>
> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Dan Savilonis <d...@n-cube.org> wrote:
>
>> I've added support for changing the syntax highlighting scheme, if
>> that will help with your disappointment in the highlighting. It's
>> working, but it needs some better integration for installation. Right
>> now you have to hack up the pygments generated styles with a script.
>>
>> http://github.com/djs/reviewboard/tree/pygments
>>
>> For the Obj-C issue, RB is currently using get_lexer_for_filename, but
>> there is also a guess_lexer API that presumably would yield better
>> results...
>>
>> Dan
>>
>>
>>
>> On Apr 20, 3:41 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Tim,
>> >
>> > We use a Python module called Pygments (http://www.pygments.org/) for
>> the
>> > syntax highlighting, so we basically support whatever they do.
>> >
>> > The lack of Obj-C highlighting is certainly an annoyance that I've dealt
>> > with too. It's due to Pygments giving preference to I think Matlab files
>> or
>> > something, over Obj-C. This is something I'd love to see them fix.
>> >
>> > There's a chance we may get support down the road for adding
>> customizable
>> > highlighting (as in, being able to say that this file extension will use
>> > that type of highlighter). You wouldn't be able to add new syntax
>> > highlighting rules with this, but it's something at least, and would fix
>> the
>> > Obj-C situation. However, I think the person who was working on this
>> support
>> > has been too busy to finish it up, so I'm not sure which release will
>> end up
>> > with it.
>> >
>> > Christian
>> >
>> > --
>> > Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
>> > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org
>> > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com
>> >
>> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Tim Hollingsworth <
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > timhollingswo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > > Hello,
>> >
>> > > Firstly I just started using Review Board and have had a very positive
>> > > experience so far, thanks!
>> >
>> > > Is there some place to find out what syntax highlighting is
>> > > available?  Is it pluggable or standardized?
>> >
>> > > I'm using C++ and objective-c.  The C++ has some highlighting, but not
>> > > very meaningful - it colors comments and import statements differently
>> > > but no real highlighting in the code.  In objective-c there is not
>> > > highlighting at all.
>> >
>> > > --
>> > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
>> > >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>> > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > > reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
>> <reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegr oups.com>
>> > > For more options, visit this group at
>> > >http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>> >
>> > --
>> > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today athttp://
>> www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>> > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
>> > For more options, visit this group athttp://
>> groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>>
>> --
>> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>>
>
>  --
> Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at
> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
>

-- 
Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at 
http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en

Reply via email to