Hi,

The intended purpose of Discard is to mark it as basically rejected or
abandoned in its entirety, without the intention of updating the diffs to
fix the reasons for it being rejected. We don't really support any other
meanings for it or any hacks to change the meaning. I don't really know if
there's something you were hoping we'd change here, but I don't understand
what other meaning would be needed for this.