On 04/26/2010 02:22 AM, Christian Hammond wrote:

The intended purpose of Discard is to mark it as basically rejected or abandoned in its entirety, without the intention of updating the diffs to fix the reasons for it being rejected. We don't really support any other meanings for it or any hacks to change the meaning. I don't really know if there's something you were hoping we'd change here, but I don't understand what other meaning would be needed for this.

What I think he's asking for (and if not, it's something I'd like to see) is a checkbox in the Review that is the opposite of "Ship It". Something like "Needs Revision". That way this could be searchable/sortable in the dashboard.

The idea would be that, at a glance, you can see which patches still need reviewers vs. the patches that have been reviewed and found insufficient and are awaiting re-submission.

Additionally, adding an updated diff should clear the "Needs Revision" flag.