Hi Jan, Sorry for the really late responses. I'm trying to work my way through a backlog of e-mail and review requests.
I don't think using text to mark up things like tabs is what we want to do. It's a bit distracting and looks as if the text is part of the codebase (given that we have syntax highlighting). Tabs are standard in many codebases and are considered normal. In others, spaces are normal. The problem is, anything we do to specially mark up one versus the other will cause problems with certain people. This is one of those things that, in large companies, may differ on a per-path-basis (as different teams may have their own standards in different parts of the same repository). I don't really know what a good solution to this would be to make everyone happy. It's similar to the "how many spaces should a tab be" problem, which I also don't have a good answer for and so have left it alone. Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Jan Koprowski <[email protected]>wrote: > Hi! > > Today I made first step in patch which show !TAB! instead tabulator > in diffviewer. Yellow background, red, bold text and border. Is my > patch will be usefull in ReviewBoard? > > Greetings from Poland! > -- > Jan Koprowski > > -- > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<reviewboard%[email protected]> > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
