Dan,

I don't know much about hgsubversion. I usually use only hg and
mercurial-reviewboard extension to upload patches.

You can contact Augie Fackler (CC'd), aka durin42 on #mercurial, to get some
more information about hgsubversion, as I think he's still maintaining it. He
dropped you a comment on your patch yesterday.

Regards.
Gilles.