Hi James,

Today, each logical change is meant to have its own review request. If you
have three things that are related but are separately worked on, each should
be put up for review separately. There's no notion of a review request that
encompasses several different changes. I personally think this is good, as
it keeps it organized and keeps things smaller.

Where things may change over the next several months is how diffs are
handled when used with a DVCS like Git. In those cases, it makes sense to be
able to have a review request for one change but with several iterative
diffs leading up to that one change. It would still be one logical change,
but with multiple diffs instead of one big diff. I don't know how well this
concept would really apply in the SVN guess. I suspect it wouldn't.

Now, I'm not fully sure I understand how your project is organized. Is each
Java component in a different repository? If not, can't one diff be
generated that has all the changes to all the components, and then put that
up as one review request?

If they are indeed in different repositories, then what you'd need is a way
to have one review request that spans repositories. This is something that,
for many reasons, we wouldn't be doing, so you'd have to have one review
request per repository.

I don't really understand your second request. It sounds like something that
could be solved by a DVCS solution, or multiple checkouts of your
repository.

For the third request, this is something that's not really on the radar for
a release right now. In order to do it right, I think we need to do more
than revision ranges (especially for DVCS systems where it's not actually a
numeric range). I'd like to do it correctly if we do it, and that will take
some time and planning.