I somehow missed your reply until now.

I'm currently at Review Board 1.0.8, with Djblets at 0.6.2.

I tried it again and found that I am now able to upload GIF files -- though
the first one I tried uploading failed. PNG and JPG still fail with the same
"The file you uploaded was either not an image or a corrupted image."
message.

Great feature, BTW! It is going to be really helpful to allow people to
comment on images.

Any additional things I can look at to try to figure out why it is still not
completely working?

Thanks,
David