On 06/12/2010 03:39 AM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> Hmm, it might be due to not having cProfile installed? Does the
> reviewboard.log show anything?

> Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com <mailto:chip...@chipx86.com>
> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Stephen Gallagher
> <step...@gallagherhome.com <mailto:step...@gallagherhome.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/10/2010 03:24 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
>
>         Hi Stephen,
>
>         We're running on MySQL. I don't know why you'd be seeing such
>         a huge delay with PostgreSQL though. Can you tell me which
>         pages are showing delays? (Is it all of them?)
>
>         if it's the dashboard, there are some known slowdowns when
>         reaching large numbers of review requests. If the diff viewer,
>         make sure your memcached is caching aggressively.
>
>         One thing you could try doing is going into Settings ->
>         Logging and turn on Profiling. Then you can visit a page with
>         slowdowns and run with ?profiling=1. This should output to a
>         reviewboard.prof file in the logging directory with some
>         details on the SQL queries and the code paths hit. If you
>         could pass that on to me, I could take a look.
>

>     Still working on this, but I thought I should mention. I get a 500
>     error on every page that I try to use ?profiling=1 on. Is this a
>     known bug on 1.5 beta 2?

Okay, it turned out that I needed to hack python-djblets to use profile
instead of cProfile (since cProfile requires python 2.5 and RHEL5 only
has 2.4)

I got the following profile results (graphed for easier consumption):
http://sgallagh.fedorapeople.org/rb-profile.svg

If I'm reading it right, it looks like the majority of the time is being
lost in grids:696:render_to_response

* That SVG should be viewable in Firefox, but if not I can generate a
PNG as well - it's just much larger.