On 7 Lip, 21:12, Erik Bleifield <erikbleifi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am seeking to propose using reviewboard at my company. We are one
> more TFS shop.
> Short of full TFS support, I am attempting to at least demo the
> functionality of reviewboard for a group of interested folks.
> I have some code files - initial and revisions - copied out to a
> directory.
> Is it possible to create a diff and upload it to review board without
> having reviewboard set to comprehend any source code repository?

No because ReviewBoard assume they can show whole file on demand (not
only a diff). So they need version control somewhere to read rest of
the file if needed.

> What are the steps to do this?
> What *specifically* is the patch diff command to generate a properly
> formatted diff for reviewboard to understand?

Unix command "diff -u file.version1 file.version2" is ok. To patch
source you can use standard "patch" command from distribution/cygwin.
But there is dedicated tool to generate and send to Review Board diffs
called "post-review". Please - here You have documentation [http://
www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/] about
this command.