Anyone have any further suggestions on how to debug 'ReviewBoard is
taking a nap' after a fresh install? Maybe there are some diagnostics
I can run on my reviewboard site instance using rb-site manage or

I've tried validate and test, results are below (there was a problem
running test)

% rb-site manage /full/path/to/my/site/ validate
0 errors found

% rb-site manage /full/path/to/my/site/ test
Creating test database 'default'...
Creating table django_admin_log
Creating table auth_permission
Creating table auth_group_permissions
Creating table auth_group
Creating table auth_user_user_permissions
Creating table auth_user_groups
Creating table auth_user
Creating table auth_message
Creating table django_content_type
Creating table django_site
Creating table django_session
Creating table siteconfig_siteconfiguration
Creating table accounts_reviewrequestvisit
Creating table accounts_profile_starred_review_requests
Creating table accounts_profile_starred_groups
Creating table accounts_profile
Creating table changedescs_changedescription
Creating table diffviewer_filediff
Creating table diffviewer_diffset
Creating table diffviewer_diffsethistory
Creating table reviews_group_users
Creating table reviews_group
Creating table reviews_defaultreviewer_repository
Creating table reviews_defaultreviewer_people
Creating table reviews_defaultreviewer_groups
Creating table reviews_defaultreviewer
Creating table reviews_screenshot
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest_changedescs
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest_target_people
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest_inactive_screenshots
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest_screenshots
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest_target_groups
Creating table reviews_reviewrequest
Creating table reviews_reviewrequestdraft_target_people
Creating table reviews_reviewrequestdraft_inactive_screenshots
Creating table reviews_reviewrequestdraft_screenshots
Creating table reviews_reviewrequestdraft_target_groups
Creating table reviews_reviewrequestdraft
Creating table reviews_comment
Creating table reviews_screenshotcomment
Creating table reviews_review_comments
Creating table reviews_review_screenshot_comments
Creating table reviews_review
Creating table scmtools_tool
Creating table scmtools_repository
Creating table django_project_version
Creating table django_evolution
Installing baseline version
Evolutions in diffviewer baseline: add_parent_diffs,
filediff_filenames_1024_chars, diffset_basedir, filediff_status
Evolutions in reviews baseline: change_descriptions,
last_review_timestamp, shipit_count, default_reviewer_repositories
Evolutions in scmtools baseline: bugzilla_url_charfield,
repository_raw_file_url, repository_visible,
Installing custom SQL for accounts.Profile model
Installing custom SQL for reviews.Group model
Installing custom SQL for reviews.ReviewRequest model
Installing index for admin.LogEntry model
Installing index for auth.Permission model
Installing index for auth.Group_permissions model
Installing index for auth.User_user_permissions model
Installing index for auth.User_groups model
Installing index for auth.Message model
Installing index for siteconfig.SiteConfiguration model
Installing index for accounts.ReviewRequestVisit model
Installing index for accounts.Profile_starred_review_requests model
Installing index for accounts.Profile_starred_groups model
Installing index for diffviewer.FileDiff model
Installing index for diffviewer.DiffSet model
Installing index for reviews.Group_users model
Installing index for reviews.DefaultReviewer_repository model
Installing index for reviews.DefaultReviewer_people model
Installing index for reviews.DefaultReviewer_groups model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest_changedescs model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest_target_people model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest_inactive_screenshots model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest_screenshots model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest_target_groups model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequest model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequestDraft_target_people model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequestDraft_inactive_screenshots
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequestDraft_screenshots model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequestDraft_target_groups model
Installing index for reviews.ReviewRequestDraft model
Installing index for reviews.Comment model
Installing index for reviews.ScreenshotComment model
Installing index for reviews.Review_comments model
Installing index for reviews.Review_screenshot_comments model
Installing index for reviews.Review model
Installing index for scmtools.Repository model
Installing index for django_evolution.Evolution model
No fixtures found.
No fixtures found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rb-site", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('ReviewBoard==1.5rc1', 'console_scripts', 'rb-
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.5rc1-py2.6.egg/
reviewboard/cmdline/", line 1604, in main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.5rc1-py2.6.egg/
reviewboard/cmdline/", line 1538, in run
    site.run_manage_command(args[0], args[1:])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.5rc1-py2.6.egg/
reviewboard/cmdline/", line 390, in run_manage_command
    execute_manager(reviewboard.settings, [__file__, cmd] + params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.1-py2.6.egg/django/
core/management/", line 438, in execute_manager
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.1-py2.6.egg/django/
core/management/", line 379, in execute
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.1-py2.6.egg/django/
core/management/", line 191, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.1-py2.6.egg/django/
core/management/", line 218, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.1-py2.6.egg/django/
core/management/commands/", line 34, in handle
    failures = TestRunner(test_labels, verbosity=verbosity,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.5rc1-py2.6.egg/
reviewboard/", line 140, in runner
    nose.main(argv=nose_argv, exit=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg/nose/", line 117, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/", line 815, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg/nose/", line 134, in parseArgs
    self.config.configure(argv, doc=self.usage())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg/nose/", line 308, in configure
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose-0.11.4-py2.6.egg/nose/", line 385, in configureWhere
    "not a directory" % path)
ValueError: Working directory reviewboard not found, or not a

On Jul 12, 11:01 pm, Daniel <> wrote:
> I'm just installed rc 1.5 and I'm getting the same message. I tried
> the following so far
>  * enable debug but get the same screen no log files created in
> project-root/logs
>  * changed permissions of project/media/uploaded
> I'm running centos 5.4, python 2.6, mod_wsgi, mod_python, sqlite3, and
> memcached. I tried with both mod_wsgi and mod_python (however version
> 2.4 was being invoked so I need to try and recompile the apache module
> against python 2.6).
> Any suggestions what else I can try?
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel