It's going to be really hard to configure a review board to work
without a source repository at all. There is a "local file" SCMTool
which reads the original version off disk instead of fetching it from
source control, but it was an early-stage debug tool and probably
doesn't work anymore (plus there's no post-review, UI, etc). Your best
option for a quick demo is probably to use our demo site:
http://demo.reviewboard.org/

-David