Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I missed the e-mail where you attached the profile log. I'm looking
through it now.

The render_to_response was misleading. The slowdown is actually within
precompute_objects, which does some database queries. That primarily does
database queries, but the SQL logs show that they're not taking very long
individually. Certainly not a total of 2 seconds. The rendering doesn't
appear to be the slow part either.

I don't know much about PostgreSQL, but it almost sounds like there's some
issue in the configuration or something. If there's a delay in talking to
the database (locking? bad connection?) then I could see that causing this.
The low SQL query time is interesting. That makes me wonder if it's just an
issue in establishing the first connection.