Hi, First - congrats on a great tool. I've set it up at my company and I'm working on creating processes using it.
I've got 1.5 RC1 running on RHEL. We use MS Online Services for email and I've created a dedicated review board email account ([email protected]). I've configured the email settings to use MS SMTP server. When logged in to RB as some other user, the SMTP server would reject the email since the "From" address doesn't match the email account. SMTPSenderRefused(550, '5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender'...) I'm assuming MS rejects it thinking it's spam. Unfortunately, there's no way to configure MS Online to allow this scenario for an individual account. I've worked around the issue by patching the send_review_mail function in email.py - from_email = '[email protected]' message = SpiffyEmailMessage... So now it works. Is this a problem others are seeing? Does it make sense for RB, perhaps through a configuration option, to use the email settings address as the from_email instead of the logged in RB user? If so, I can submit a change request. Thanks, Daryl -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
