I'm trying to automate post-review to run on a git repository --
ideally on each commit (on the "client" side), but on each push (on
the central repo) would do too if necessary.

In both the following I ran "git config reviewboard.url https://dev/review/";.

First I tried post-review on a client repo (also tried specifying
--repository-url=/var/git/web.git, which is the local URL that the
reviewboard web app knows):

$ post-review --revision-range=9405af7d9a75c17
==> HTTP Authentication Required
Enter username and password for "dev" at dev
Username: yang

There was an error creating this review request.

The repository path "ssh://dev/var/git/web.git" is not in the
list of known repositories on the server.

Ask the administrator to add this repository to the Review Board server.
For information on adding repositories, please read

I thought about trying to set up a mirror URL in the reviewboard web
app, but the URL might look different to each client.

On the server, the repository is headless, resulting in this error:

$ post-review
Failed to execute command: ['git', 'symbolic-ref', '-q', 'HEAD']
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

After Googling I found
but it's broken & out of date.

There are more hacks I can try (e.g. having the post-commit hook
temporarily munge the remote origin URL, or having the post-receive
hook clone the git repository so that it has a head, then
post-review-ing that), but surely there's a better way. Thanks in
advance for any hints.
Yang Zhang