My general workflow is to create a topic branch tracking one of the
official branches on a remote server and let post-review detect the
merge base. This generates a diff between the last state of that
branch and my changes. I don't use RB for merge reviews.

It would be good if we got an update on the GSOC git project. I
thought the students were required to show progress... If it doesn't
go anywhere, we definitely need to add some better handling for more
distributed workflows.

Dan