My general workflow is to create a topic branch tracking one of the
official branches on a remote server and let post-review detect the
merge base. This generates a diff between the last state of that
branch and my changes. I don't use RB for merge reviews.

It would be good if we got an update on the GSOC git project. I
thought the students were required to show progress... If it doesn't
go anywhere, we definitely need to add some better handling for more
distributed workflows.

On Aug 10, 7:59 am, Stephen Gallagher <>
>  On 08/09/2010 02:32 PM, Yang Zhang wrote:> I'm using reviewboard with git
> projects, and I'm interested in hearing
> > how other folks are handling non-linear DVCS histories. Each commit
> > may have one or two parents - for those with two, how does one
> > generate a patch from that (if you do at all)? Thanks.
> I wrote a patch for git patchsets in post-review a long while
> ago:
> It got two "ShipIt" replies, but Christian opted not to push it
> upstream. I'm told there's a Google Summer of Code student working on
> improving the DVCS support, but I'm still using my patch for my project.
> Basically, my approach to git is to create a new branch from the
> upstream master and then cherry-pick commits onto it. Then I run my
> modified post-review command which auto-generates a separate review for
> each patch. It constructs the "parent diff" for each one after the first
> in the branch.

Happy user? Let us know at