Hi Adam,

There are a couple solutions to this.

One is to use something like LDAP as the One True Auth Backend for all
your servers. This is the "easiest" in that no custom code is
required. However, it does require that your other services support
LDAP and that you can easily switch all accounts over.

The second option is to write a custom auth backend. An auth backend
is a Python class that knows how to create a User based on information
from a database, knows how to verify if a user already exists in the
backend, and knows how to authenticate that user. You could write an
auth backend that interfaces with your existing system. I'd assume
there are some existing Python bindings for authenticating the user,
in which case this would be fairly easy to do.

The auth backend needs to be in a Python module installed on the
system, but it doesn't need to be part of Review Board's codebase. You
would basically change your Authentication Backend in the admin UI to
Custom and then specify the full Python path to your new auth backend
class.

Christian