From: reviewboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:reviewbo...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Chris Clark
Sent: August-19-10 7:27 PM
To: reviewboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Facing problem installing in Windows!

http://yuanyi-wang.blogspot.com/2009/03/install-review-board-on-windows.html

> I tried installed twice.. and from blank page .. i got stuck in page
> showing "Manual Server Updates Required"
>
> I tried re-installation PIL 1.1.7, even Patch.exe. i can execute
> patch.exe from Cmd window.
>
> Can some one give me some pointer to resolve this.. It is urgent.

If this genuinely is urgent (i.e. must fix, don't care how) the best
advice I have is to set up a Ubuntu box (perhaps a virtual one in
VMware) and install it there. The apache setup under Linux is pretty
automatic and so much easier to deploy, no messing around with patch, etc.

There are a few Windows users so hopefully you'll get some more windows
focused advice if you are stuck with Windows.

Chris