There's no way to pass additional arguments right now. Personally I don't
like that we even use --diff-cmd, but it works around some other problems
we've hit in the past (I'd have to check the commit logs to remember exactly
what they were).

It may be worth modifying your copy for now to remove that parameter, if
it's blocking you.