Eduardo> could you do a mockup of what you intend?

I'm not sure a full mockup is necessary.  Suppose you post a review with
changes to five files.  The left-hand sidebar would be

    file1
    file2
    file3
    file4
    file5

while the main pane would consist of five tabs, one for each file (file2 is
the active tab in my bad ASCII art):

            /file1\ /file2\ /file3\ /file4\ /file5\
            -------         -----------------------

            line 1             | line 1
            line 2             | line 2
            ...                | ...

Each tab would display just the diff for a single file.  Clicking a tab or
the file name in the sidebar would bring that file's diff to the front.

At least that's how I understood the OP's proposal.

    Eduardo> Also, how would your proposed design scale to a very large
    Eduardo> review? Say one consisting of 50+ files.

I suspect at that size your tabs would have to cascade into multiple rows:

            /file1\ /file2\ /file3\ /file4\ /file5\
            /file6\ /file7\ /file8\ /file9\ /file10\
            etc

but I view that as just a complication of the JavaScript necessary to
work this wizardry.

--
Skip Montanaro - s...@pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/