Timothy Pinet wrote:
I wanted to check post-review however since I am on Windows my
Python26\Scripts\post-review.exe is a compiled executable and not a
python file. Would it be enough to grab the post-review.py from the
repo and delete the exe?

Not with the current version. There are a few dependencies (not many), e.g. a version module. So you should take the whole thing. You can of course make an exe from it very easily. See end of mail for the custom setup script I use.

Chris

"""
Issue:

NOTE using Python 2.4, this results in an exe about 4Mb in size.
NOTE using Python 2.6, this results in an exe about 5.5Mb in size.

   c:\python24\python ingres_setup.py py2exe
   setup.py py2exe

Quick-N-Dirty create win32 binaries and zip file script.
Zero error checking.

TODO inject 'py2exe' into sys.argv?
"""
import os
import glob
import shutil

from distutils.core import setup

import py2exe

# Clean temp Python/Jython files
delete_list=glob.glob('simplejson/*.pyc')+glob.glob('simplejson/*$py.class')
for x in delete_list:
   os.remove(x)

try:
   shutil.rmtree('dist')
except WindowsError, info:
   # assume directory does not exist
   pass

# disable optimization- we _may_ need docs strings, specifically "copyright"
setup(
   options = {"py2exe": {
                           #"includes": ["decimal"],
"optimize": 1, ## 1 and NOT 2 because I use the __doc__ string as the usage string. 2 optimises out the doc strings
                           'bundle_files': 1,
                           ## options to reduce size of final exe
                           #~ 'ascii': True,  # Exclude encodings
                           'excludes':[
                                       '_ssl',  # Exclude _ssl
                                       'pyreadline', #'difflib',
                                       'doctest', #'locale',
                                       #'optparse',
'pickle', #'calendar',# Exclude standard library
                                       #'re',
], }}, zipfile = None, ## try and make a single exe, if do not want this loose this and the 'bundle_files' option
   console=['postreview.py']
   )

zipfilename='distribute_me.zip'
zipfilelist=['ingres_readme.txt', 'postreview.py', ] + glob.glob('simplejson/*')+ glob.glob('dist/*')

import zipfile
z = zipfile.ZipFile(zipfilename, 'w')
for x in zipfilelist:
   z.write(x)