John,

This isn't a software answer, but if the changes is that large, then we
encourage the author to try and split it into pieces which provide a part of
the whole solution. I.e a review of the server side change, another with all
the database related changes, and a last one with the client side changes.
This helps reviewers with being able to concentrate on the review.

Many studies show that if a review is too large (generally takes more then 1
1/2 hours to go through) then the quality of review comments drop. Reviewing
code requires a high level of concentration and that can only be maintained
for so long.

Scott